The Rotary Club of Santa Barbara Sunrise brings you the absolute finest in today's traditional music with a focus on American Old-Time, but also bringing a range of acoustic music based in the traditional music of North America, Ireland, and the British Isles. We're also bringing the best of the Old-Time contest back to the Performance Stage. So bring your instruments if you got ‘em. Compete! Jam! Take a Free Workshop! And, of course, enjoy!
The festival is one of two annual club fundraisers. It is fully staffed by volunteers. Any and all contributions are appreciated and support both traditional music and the club's local and international community service projects!
Since 1972 the festival has been home to one of the premier Old-Time music contests on the West Coast. We encourage contestants at all levels and ages to compete. Contest sign up will be on the day of event. Early is better!
This year the advanced entrants will compete on the Performance Stage between 1:00 and 2:15 p.m. If you're in this category, let us know by emailing: Please note! You will still be able to compete if you don't contact us or can't make this time slot!
There will also be free workshops all day, fine crafts and instruments, children's activities, hearty BBQ and beer fresh and local from the Brewhouse!
- 11:00 to 12:00 Sausage Grinder
- 12:00 to 1:00 Rafe & Clelia Stefanini
- 1:00 to 2:15 Advanced Contestants
- 2:30 to 3:30 Hay Dudes with Dennis Caplinger
- 3:30 to 4:30 The Brothers Comatose
- 4:45 to 5:15 Contest Awards
- 10:00 to 12:00 Beginning & Intermediate Contestants
- 12:15 to 12:45 Mason & Arcemont
- 1:00 to 1:30 Sam ‘n Ash
- 1:45 to 2:15 Honeysuckle Possums
- 2:30 to completion Beginning & Intermediate Contestants
- 10:30 to 11:30 Modal Tease - Jam Session,
- 11:30-12:30 Hay Dudes - Band Dynamics
- 1:30 to 2:30 David Bragger - Old Time Fiddle
Tunes of West Virginia
- 1:30 to 2:30 Chris Berry - Old Time Banjo
- 2:30 to 3:30 Rafe Stefanini - Advanced Old Time Fiddle
- 3:00 to 4:00 Ruth Alpert & Rebecca Stout-
Appalachian Percussive Dance
Thanks to local children's book illustrator Mike Gordon for this year's poster. Find out more about his art at: http://www.gordonillustration.com