Welcome to the 43rd Annual Fiddlers’ Festival & 10th Annual GVAA Art Festival! This year’s festival will feature both fine music and fine art as the Goleta Valley Art Association joins the Fiddlers for the first time! We look forward to their participation.
The festival is once again produced and staffed by the Rotary Club of Santa Barbara Sunrise. Your attendance and purchases at the festival make the local and international work of Rotary Sunrise possible. This includes two annual dental clinics in Santa Barbara, significant improvements to Camp Whittier a local camp for at risk youth, dictionaries for third graders in Santa Barbara schools, our club’s work in Nicaragua to improve health clinics and install a water system in two villages, and much more. We welcome sponsors and encourage you to advertise in the festival program!
Your support is critical to our work and to supporting the musical
community we all treasure! This year we will once again bring you the finest in traditional American Old
Time music and related styles. We also encourage Old Time musicians of all ages
and skill levels to compete in the Old Time music contest that's been a part of
the festival since its inception. Free workshops will once again give you
opportunities to hone your skills and of course there will be plenty of spaces
Be prepared to
do your Christmas shopping early since we'll also be bringing you fine crafts
and instruments. Top it off with delicious BBQ, local beer and wine, and the
very best of company, all on the grounds of the historic Rancho La Patera &
Stow House. It just doesn't get any better!
Since 1972 the festival has been home to one of the premier Old-Time music contests on the West Coast. We encourage contestants at all levels and ages to compete. Contest sign up will be on the day of event. Early is better!
This year the advanced entrants will compete on the Performance Stage between 1:00 and 2:15 p.m. If you're in this category, let us know by emailing: Please note! You will still be able to compete if you don't contact us or can't make this time slot!
There will also be free workshops all day, fine crafts and instruments, children's activities, hearty BBQ and beer fresh and local from the Brewhouse!
- 11:00 to 11:45 The Honeysuckle Possums
- 12:00 to 12:45 Dustbowl Revival
- 1:00 to 2:15 Advanced Competitors
- 2:30 to 3:30 Hanz Araki Band featuring Colleen Raney & Cary Novotny
- 3:45 to 4:45 Rocky Neck Bluegrass Band
- 4:45 to 5:15 Contest Awards
- 10:30 to 12:00 Beginning & Intermediate Competitors
- 12:15 to 12:45 Triple Chicken Foot
- 1:00 to 1:30 Bluegrass Soul
- 1:45 to 2:15 Salt Martians
- 2:30 to finish Beginning & Intermediate Contestants
- 10:30 to 11:30 Slow Jam with Triple Chicken Foot Area B
- 11:00 to 11:50 Old Time Fiddle with David Bragger Area A
- 11:00 to 11:50 Old Time Banjo with Chris Berry Area B
- 1:00 to 1:50 Bluegrass Fiddle with Lydia Veilleux Area A
- 2:00 to 2:50 Bluegrass Guitar with Craig Ferguson Area B
- 3:00 to 4:00 Percussive Dancing with Ruth Alpert & Rebecca Stout Area A
Thanks to artist Ruth Ellen Hoag for this year's poster art. Find out more about her art at: http://www.ruthellenhoag.com